I’ve tried to pare down my list of resolutions to the bare minimum this year. This was difficult, as I tend to get them confused with my to-do list and thus write out too many resolutions to actually keep ;P Anyways, I finally solved the problem by creating two separate lists. I also jotted down the “rewards” of keeping each of my resolutions: This will serve as
a reminder as to why I even bother doing this ENCOURAGEMENT. I’m determined to keep them all!
Here’s to 2012!! ^_^
Study an hour a day. DON’T FREAK OUT ON ME DAD (I know you’re reading this!) My study time ranges from 6-8 hours on regular days. But I’m trying to study everyday, and I tend to forget about the time once I’m really into the textbook. So, yeah, I like playing mind games with myself. Weird, much?
Reward: I won’t have a ♥ attack every time I get called on in class.
Keep blogging. I know, I hardly need to be making this a resolution as I’ve been reasonably consistent with my 4 posts a month mantra. However, exams are coming up soon, and this is to remind me to create content well ahead of time.
Reward: I’m hoping this pressure will help substitute focused blogging for mindless drifting on the internet. Plus, with all the studying I need to do, methinks my little bloggy habit will help keep me SANE.
11pm bedtime on school nights. Believe me, 11pm is a huge improvement. I especially like how the last three words sound like a caveat. (It’s not. But don’t tell my brain that.)
Reward: Makes me more productive in the morning; Kicks my caffeine addiction; Gets rid of dark under-eye circles.
Keep a planner. I love planners. Blank ones. But I’m determined to fully utilize them this year.
Reward: Better time organization. Plus, I’ll know how many days are left till the world ends…oops, I mean, till my exams.
Work out 5 minutes a day. I usually get excited about exercise only 5 minutes AFTER I start. I figure that instead of terrifying myself with the thought of a daily workout, I’ll trick myself into doing it instead – by making it sound TOO easy. (Even if this doesn’t work out, I’ll still enjoy the torturous mind games. TMI?)
Reward: Makes my body work better, makes my body FEEL better…and makes me feel better about my body :D Plus, it helps me sleep at night!
- Crack the denim code. I need a pair of jeans for family vacation. We’re visiting a lot of theme parks this year. (Oh, the joys of having a huge age gap among siblings ;)
- Watch all the Studio Ghibli movies in my collection. I keep putting this off. I’m pretty scared that they won’t all be as wonderful as Spirited Away.
- Make more Polyvores. ♥They’re fun!♥
- Write the sequel to my Wardrobe Staples: Real vs “Ideal” (Part I) post. This is waaay over-due.
- Comment on more blogs I like. I’m shy, so this will be hard.
Congrats if you made it all the way to the end. As a reward, you get a magical unicorn! *sprinklesrainbows* However, since there are no such things as magical unicorns, you basically get nothing ^_~
Oh wait…Here you go! :D
But I guess my absence does merit a few flimsy excuses :) *brightsmile*
- I’ve spent the past few days preparing for and moving from Penang to Kuala Lumpur (KL) to facilitate the continuation of my higher-level education (This place is, like, the capital and that information is supposed to elicit your wows coz of its general big deal-ness).
- There were good intentions to post. Really. I wanted to break the news gently, the way a butterfly flaps its wings in the breeze (and causes storms and stuff). But a whole lot of last-minute-crap came up and I ended up not posting at all.
- To make up for it, I will do a few posts on my fantastic packing techniques. That is, how I managed to fit all my wardrobe staples into a single carry-on luggage. Plus, there will be one post exclusively dedicated to the paraphernalia necessary to packing accessories. It will feature cute foam pieces and awesome storage units. ^o^
- Life at my new college starts on Saturday. I’m spending most of my time staring into space and vibrating with fear (of the unknown). And NOT posting.
- My condition is being remedied by reading Tavi Gevinson’s new RookieMag. And totally identifying with this and this and this… (STILL NOT POSTING).
- Instead of posting, I procrastinated even more tonight, by drinking powdered ice lemon tea which, according to my brother, tastes like insecticide. *yum* The chemicals in said wonderful drink is now making me type 10% slower than usual because…uh, because it is making me type 10% slower than usual. (And making me think slower as well. Tautology rocks! *idon’tknowwhyijustsaidthat*)
- Most of my precious posting time was also spent choosing one of the many photos I snapped on the plane, thus further delaying me from posting. In the end, I decided on this lovely, threadbare shot of the wing of said plane. Because such an IMPERSONAL photo is undeniable, irrefutable PROOF that I sat on said plane for my flight to KL. ^_^